Black Beans and RiceFrom bojangles42 6 years ago
- 8 oz chorizo (Mexican style fresh, not cured, casing removed) shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 green pepper shopping list
- 1 jalapeno (optional) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 teas ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teas oregano shopping list
- 1 c cilantro leaves, loose shopping list
- 1/2 teas salt shopping list
- 4 c chicken broth or water shopping list
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed (or 3 c cooked black beans) shopping list
- 3 c cooked white (white or yellow) shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot, cook the chorizo, crumbling it.
- In a blender or food processor add the jalapeno, onion, green pepper, garlic, cilantro, cumin, oregano, salt, and 2 cups of the chicken broth.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add to the chorizo.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the black beans and the remaining stock.
- Simmer for an hour, if the mixture reduces too much add some water.
- Check for seasoning, add salt and pepper if needed.
- Place 2/3 cup of rice in a shallow bowl and ladle the bean mixture over the top.