Seared Sea Scallops CarbonaraFrom radiogal880 7 years ago
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles shopping list
- 2 qt water shopping list
- 3 T olive oil shopping list
- 3 T shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked, chopped into 1/4" pieces shopping list
- 1 pint heavy cream shopping list
- 2 C parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 cups asparagus shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 12 large sea scallops shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to a boil and add one tablespoon salt. Add noodles and cook until al dente, strain and set aside. Pat scallops dry. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan to very hot. Add scallops and season with salt and pepper. Turn once when scallops are golden brown (about 2 minutes) and cook two more minutes, remove from heat.
- For the sauce, add 2 T olive oil to large, hot saute or frying pan. Next add shallots and stir until translucent. Add bacon. Add the cream, and bring to a boil, reduce until slightly thickened. Add Parmesan cheese and continue to stir. Add asparagus and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and add egg yolks, stirring to thicken. Add spaghetti noodles to the sauce and coat completely.
- Portion into four pasta bowls and top with 3 scallops each.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
The Cookradiogal880 Medford, OR
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!