Sophia Lorens Minestra di Riso Patate e FagioliFrom sweetwords 5 years ago
- 1/2 lb cannelini or other dried white beans, soaked overnight shopping list
- 1 lb potatoes shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 small stalk celery shopping list
- 1/4 lb slab bacon or pancetta shopping list
- 2 fresh or 1 dried bay leaves shopping list
- 1-1/2 quarts vegetables broth shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked white rice shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- parmigiano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and cube potatoes; chop onion and celery; dice bacon.
- Place beans, potatoes, onion, celery, bacon, and bay leaves in a 4qt pot.
- Cover with broth, bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer for half an hour. May add more broth if soup becomes too thick.
- Meanwhile, cook rice; when soup is ready, add rice and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add pepper and remove bay leaves.
- Grate cheese.
- When serving, pour a ribbon of oil on top in each bowl then sprinkle on cheese.
- There were no other seasonings listed, but fresh basil would go well with this, if you wish.