Beer Cheese FondueFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 loaf (1 pound, about 20 inches) French bread, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer shopping list
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese- or other favorite cheese that melts well! shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half cream shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread cubes in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 450° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly crisp, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in beer.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Toss cheese and flour; stir into saucepan until melted.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons cream.
- Transfer to a small ceramic fondue pot or slow cooker; keep warm.
- Add additional cream if fondue thickens.
- Serve with toasted bread cubes.
- Yield: about 3 cups.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
I think this may be good with velvetta or swiss, not a big cheddar fan- I like you easy recipes!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Quick N Easy121 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Appetizers And Dips267 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Companys Coming115 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Quick And Easy25 members