Country Beef and Pork PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 white onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves shopping list
- 12 ounces shredded brisket shopping list
- 12 ounces shredded pork shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree shopping list
- 1 cup rice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 well beaten eggs shopping list
- 4 ounces finely crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 2 ounces grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- 1 large pie crust for 2 crusted pie shopping list
- Dot of butter shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in pan and sauté onion, garlic, beef and pork then add pepper, cloves and cinnamon.
- Stir 2 minutes then add wine, water and tomato puree and stir 2 minutes.
- Scald contents of pan with the wine then add a little water and tomato puree.
- Let simmer 30 minutes then add rice, parsley, eggs and cheeses mixing well.
- Let simmer in pan 30 minutes then remove pan from flame.
- Butter large pie tin and place half the pastry on bottom making sure some hangs over sides.
- Empty pie filling onto the base pastry and cover it with the remaining half of the crust.
- Wet edges of pastry and press them together so they stick and roll over into tube design on pie. Brush top pastry with a little melted butter and puncture it in even various places with a fork.
- Bake pie at 350 for 1 hour.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!