Stuffed Poblano Peppers With Roasted Garlic SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 heads garlic shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 shallots peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream shopping list
- 4 fresh poblano chilies shopping list
- 1 cup fresh goat cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then cut heads of garlic in half horizontally.
- Place in a small baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons water.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper then cover tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- When garlic is cool enough to handle squeeze soft pulp from heads into a small saucepan.
- Add white wine, chicken stock and shallots then bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add cream then bring to a slow boil over medium heat and stir to reduce sauce about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Roast and peel chilies then leaving stem on cut small slit in side of each and remove seeds.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small sauté pan over low heat.
- Add pine nuts and toast to a golden brown tossing frequently about 3 minutes.
- When they are done add thyme then toss to mix and remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Place goat cheese in a small bowl and stir until smooth then mix in nuts, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Stuff chilies carefully with cheese mixture.
- Fold over opening and place seam side down on lightly oiled baking pan.
- Drizzle with remaining oil then refrigerate until 15 minutes before serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 then place chilies in oven and bake 15 minutes or until just warmed through.
- Reheat garlic sauce and spoon onto serving plates and place stuffed chili in center of each plate.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!