Pinto Bean and Ham SoupFrom winslow1204 9 years ago
- CSIPETKE: shopping list
- 1 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large chopped onion shopping list
- 6 stalks celery, sliced into about1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic shopping list
- 3 1/2 lb. ham hocks shopping list
- 2 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1 lb. dry pinto beans shopping list
- 6 large carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
How to make it
- First you will wash and sort your beans.
- Make sure to soak the beans overnight is really cold water.
- Now you will drain the beans.
- In your biggest pot, now you will combine the beans, carrots, onions, celery, galic, meat and your paprika.
- You want to add enough water to cover the ingridients by about 2 in.
- Let the soup simmer around 2 1/2 hrs, letting the beans get tender.
- In order to make the Csipetke, you will mix all your ingridients listed into a stiff dough.
- Let this dough rest for around 30 min.
- Now you want to divide the douh into 4 sections.
- You will want to make each dough section flt, using your hands.
- Now pich off little parts, the size of a dumpling, and place in soup.
- Let this simmer for around 30 mins.
- Just before serving, add vinigar and parsley. The chunked ham can be float on the top of the soup for a stunning finish!
The Cookwinslow1204 Centerville, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!