Apple Jelly With Cinnamon Whipped YogurtFrom annielikestocook 5 years ago
How to make it
- Put the gelatine into a bowl and cover with cold water, then leave for 5 mins.
- Gently heat 300ml of the apple juice, to just below boiling point in a saucepan.
- Drain and squeeze excess water from the gelatine sheets and then stir into the hot apple juice, until dissolved.
- Stir in the remaining apple juice and then pour into 4 metal pudding moulds or jelly glasses.
- Chill for 2-3 hours or until set.
- While waiting for the jelly to set, put the blackberries and sugar into a small saucepan and gently heat for 4 mins. until the juices have released.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl mix together the cinnamon and yogurt.
- To serve, dip the metal mould or glass into a bowl of hot water for a minute then turn onto a plate.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and blackberries.
- Alternatively, layer the blackberries onto the apple jelly in the mould/glass and top with a dollop of cinnamon yogurt.
- Alternative party flavours: Add a shot Peach schnapps to the apple juice and top with peach puree. Use sweetened yoghurt.
- Or use sparkling wine instead of apple juice and top with fresh strawberries.