Goat Cheese Fresh Corn EnchiladasFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn kernels shopping list
- 2 fresh anaheim chilies seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled mild goat cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- For enchiladas: shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 corn tortillas shopping list
- 20 ounce can mild enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- Chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onion in butter in a saucepan until translucent then stir in corn, chilies, water and cumin.
- Simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer until liquid evaporates stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, goat cheese and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 then heat oil in skillet and add tortillas one at a time.
- Fry 10 seconds per side then blot excess oil off with paper towels.
- Spread 1/3 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of a rectangular baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/3 cup cheese filling and roll to enclose filling.
- Arrange seam side down in baking dish then pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese then bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!