Mixed Vegetable CurryFrom nixie 8 years ago
- cooking oil of choice - 4tbsp shopping list
- onion (large), finely chopped - 1 shopping list
- Root ginger, peeled and finely sliced - 2cm cube shopping list
- Tumeric, ground - 1tsp shopping list
- coriander, ground - 1tsp shopping list
- cumin, ground - 1tsp shopping list
- paprika - 1tsp shopping list
- Tinned tomatoes - 1 shopping list
- sweet potatos, peeled and diced - 225g shopping list
- carrots, peels and sliced - 100g shopping list
- peas - 75g shopping list
- Warm water - 450ml shopping list
- Green chillies, fresh - 3 shopping list
- garam masala - 1tsp shopping list
- coriander leaves, chopped - 1tbsp shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the onions in the oil on medium heat until they are lightly browned, then add the ginger and fry for about 30seconds.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the turmeric, coriander, cumin and paprika.
- Add half the tin of tomatoes and fry for 2min, stirring continuously.
- Add all the vegetables and the water; stir in well and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender (approx. 20min).
- Add the green chillies and remaining tin of tomatoes, cover and simmer for 5min.
- Add the garam masala, salt and half the coriander leaves. Remover from heat and serve with remaining coriander leaves to garnish.
The Cooknixie Mijas Costa, ES
- Not added to any groups yet!