Risotto with MushroomsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms brushed clean and sliced shopping list
- 2 cups medium-grain rice such as Arborio shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 tablespoons beef demi-glace shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan over medium heat bring stock to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with the olive oil.
- Add onion and sauté until tender and translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook stirring until just wilted about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook stirring until the grains are hot and coated with oil about 2 minutes.
- Add wine and continue to cook stirring often until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add stock 1/2 cup at a time stirring and making sure liquid has absorbed before adding more.
- The risotto is done when the rice grains are creamy on the outside about 25 minutes total.
- Remove risotto from heat and stir in the remaining butter, demi-glace and cheese.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon risotto into warmed soup bowls and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!