Spaghetti With Shrimp In Garlic SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 15 cloves garlic finely minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup unflavored dried bread crumbs shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup cognac shopping list
- Zest from 1 lemon grated shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2-1/4 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely minced flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 pound spaghetti shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil, garlic and tomato paste in large pot over low heat stirring often with wooden spoon.
- Add bread crumbs and stir to combine.
- Add wine, cognac, lemon zest, salt and pepper stirring well after each addition.
- Add shrimp and parsley then increase to medium high and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat then cover and set aside to cool slightly.
- Refrigerate 2 hours to concentrate flavors.
- When sauce is ready bring a large pot of cold water to a boil.
- When water reaches a boil add a pinch of salt and let it return to boiling.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile return pot of sauce to low heat to warm.
- Drain pasta well in a colander but do not rinse.
- Add spaghetti to the sauce pot then toss well and serve immediately in warm bowls.