Seafood and Avocado SaladFrom aravi_vel 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 pbs. medium-size shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 3/4 lb. bay scallops or cooked and shelled crawfish tails shopping list
- 1/2 lb. calamari (squid), cleaned and sliced into rings shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 head leaf lettuce, rinsed and crisped shopping list
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch chunks shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced, and each slice cut in half crosswise shopping list
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup crabmeat (residual shells and cartilage removed) shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, heat 1-1/2 inches water and the lemon juice to boiling.
- Separately cook shrimp, scallops and calamari in boiling water until seafood becomes opaque and firm.
- Using slotted spoon, remove seafood to large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled and ready to serve.
- In small bowl, make salad dressing by whisking together vinegar, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Line serving platter with lettuce leaves.
- Add tomatoes, avocado, onion and salad dressing to seafood mixture; toss gently and spoon onto lettuce-lined platter.
- Arrange crabmeat over all.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Cookaravi_vel Bangalore, India
- Not added to any groups yet!