Chicken With FigsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1 slice lemon shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1 pound fresh figs shopping list
- 1/2 cup medium sweet white wine shopping list
- Peel of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 3 pound chicken cut into serving pieces shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced slab bacon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- In saucepan combine sugar, water, vinegar, lemon slice and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to boil then simmer 5 minutes then add figs and return to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cover and let stand 2 hours.
- When ready to use drain figs discarding lemon slice and cinnamon stick.
- Place drained figs in bowl along with wine and lemon peel then set aside.
- Meanwhile sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In large, shallow oven proof casserole slowly heat bacon pieces until golden.
- Reserve bacon leaving oil in pan then add olive oil and heat.
- Add chicken then sauté until golden on all sides about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat and gradually add wine mixture discarding lemon peel in which figs soaked.
- Boil until reduced and very syrupy about 5 minutes.
- Transfer casserole to oven that has been heated to 350 and bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Add water if necessary to prevent burning then return casserole to top of stove.
- Add beef broth and figs then cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with bacon pieces before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!