Chipotle Corn Bread PuddingFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter melted divided shopping list
- 2-3/4 cups cubed stale corn bread shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper cored seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 4 chipotle chilies in adobo chopped with sauce shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 pint half-and-half shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a square baking dish with 1/2 tablespoon melted butter.
- Arrange corn bread cubes in pan.
- Place remaining melted butter in large sauté pan.
- Add onion, pepper, oregano and salt then cook slowly until very soft about 20 minutes.
- Spread over corn bread then heat oven to 350.
- In bowl whisk together chipotles, eggs, half-and-half and cream.
- Pour over corn bread and let stand 10 minutes then bake 40 minutes and serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!