Smothered Grilled SteakFrom dariana 6 years ago
- 1 2-lb. flank steak shopping list
- salt and Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel shopping list
- 4 ounces bulk Italian sausage shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium red, yellow, and/or green sweet peppers, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from steak. Score both sides of steak in a diamond pattern, making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals. Sprinkle steak with salt, pepper and lime peel. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- For a charcoal grill, grill steak on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 17 to 21 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steak on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Meanwhile, preheat a large cast-iron skillet next to steak directly over medium coals. Add sausage; cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add onion, sweet pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cilantro and vinegar. Remove from heat.
- Thinly slice steak to serve; spoon pepper mixture atop.