Beef StewFrom gourmetgeema 7 years ago
- 2 pounds stew meat shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 Cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 clove garlic peeled shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 3 sprigs of thyme shopping list
- Handful of parsley shopping list
- 1 medium onion quartered shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 3 large carrots cut into 2" pieces shopping list
- 4 or 5 Medium red potatoes shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Brown meat in hot oil. Brown meat little at a time do not crowd the beef in the pan.To the beef , Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, carrots, salt, pepper, paprika. Tie parsley and thyme together with kitchen twine. Toss into pot. Cover and simmer 1Hour. Peel and quarter potatoes wash then toss them into pot.
- Simmer 1 more hour. Then remove bay leaves parsley/thyme. Remove 1 cup of hot liquid set aside. In 1/4 cup of water add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mix until smooth. Then add to cup of hot broth. Poor hot broth with corn starch back into beef stew stir and let thicken. Simmer about 30 minuntes more . Until potatoes and carrots are fork tender.
The Cookgourmetgeema New Palestine, IN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!