Homemade Jalapeno PoppersFrom chefbenwa 5 years ago
- 1 11 oz Can of Whole jalapenos shopping list
- 6 oz Grated colby Jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp granulated garlic (Not garlic salt) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 cups bread Crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Cut 8 Jalapenos in half and remove seeds.
- Smoosh the cheese into a shape that will fit into the jalapenos. Once you have them all stuffed place them in the freezer on a sheet pan. Place some parchment paper on the pan to keep them from sticking to the sheet pan.
- While the stuffed Jalapenos are freezing prepare your breading station. Mix the egg with the milk, combine the flour and spices and place in a shallow container, finally put the bread crumbs in a similar shallow pan.
- Once the jalapenos are frozen solid start the breading process. Flour then egg wash and then bread crumbs. Repeat with each jalapeno popper. Once you have breaded them all you will need to bread them again. Just egg wash and bread crumbs this time around.
- Once you have gone through the breading process put them back into the freezer for at least 15 to 20 minutes to set the breading.
- Bring your frying rig up to heat get the Jalapeno poppers out of the freezer and cook about 4 to 6 at a time.
- These will need constant attention because they can go from melty golden brown deliciousness to empty husks in a matter of seconds.
- Once they float and are golden brown pluck them from the oil and drain.
- Serve and enjoy!