Banana GelatoFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Whisk together sugar and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Place mixture over low heat and whisk in milk then add vanilla bean.
- Cook stirring until mixture is smooth and lightly thickened.
- When mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon remove from heat and remove bean.
- Strain any lumps that formed during cooking then add vanilla extract and stir.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor or blender puree bananas with lime juice until smooth.
- Gradually add in vanilla custard mixture then blend until incorporated.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker following the manufacturer's guidelines.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!