Eggplant Pepperoni MedleyFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 white onion diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 large eggplant diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound package orzo shopping list
- 1 cup pepperoni diced shopping list
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat medium pot of salted water to boil.
- Separately heat oil in large non stick skillet then add onion and garlic to skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes then add eggplant, wine, salt and pepper then cook 15 minutes.
- Add orzo to pot of boiling water and cook 8 minutes.
- Add pepperoni, tomatoes with their juices, basil, oregano and fennel seed to eggplant mixture.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste then drain orzo and add to eggplant mixture.
- Cook 2 minutes more to let flavors blend then ladle into bowls and top with cheese.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!