Bacon and Potato SoupFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 6 thick slices bacon shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 stalk celery chopped shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 4 cups cubed potatoes shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon until crisp in saucepan then remove and drain well on paper towels.
- Discard bacon grease and wipe pan thoroughly with paper towel.
- Meanwhile prepare vegetables then add olive oil to saucepan and add onion, carrot and celery.
- Sauté until onion is soft but not brown about 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, potatoes and pepper then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until potatoes are tender about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese heating just until melted but do not boil then chop bacon and add to soup.
- Season with salt and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!