Easy Chocolate FondueFrom annieamie 8 years ago
How to make it
- In heavy saucepan, over medium heat, melt chocolate chips and butter with EAGLE BRAND® and water.
- Cook and stir constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla.
- (You don't need a fondue kit to keep this warm. Just pour the fondue into a warmed ceramic or glass bowl and place the bowl over heated water that's in a larger container making sure that the water will not get into the container holding the chocolate. Long wooden skewers or even "fancy" toothpicks work very well!)
- Serve warm as a fruit and cookie/cracker dipping sauce or drizzle over ice cream or cake. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- ****Dippers: Pound cake cubes, cherries with stems, orange sections, melons balls, pineapple chunks, strawberries, banana slices, apple wedges, grapes, dried apricots, peach chunks, plum slices, pear slices, angel food cake cubes, kiwifruit slices and marshmallows.
- Tip: Can be served warm or cold over ice cream. Can be made several days ahead. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
- FOR A SPECIAL DESSERT, buy a plain cheesecake and chill it. Cut it into small cubes or make balls of the cake by using a melon baller tool. Dip these into the fondue!
- You can make simple truffles by microwaving 1/2 of heavy cream with 1 cup of chocolate chips. Blend well and let cool. Once cooled, you can roll these into balls covered with cocoa, coconut, cookie crumbs or of course, chopped nuts. These are FABULOUS and oh so decadent when dipped in the chocolate fondue.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating3 people
awwww so romantic for valentines day for sure
how nice annie
thank you i know its great anytime too........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Does sound divine! I love the addition of sweetened condensed milk here!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds great! I was looking for a good recipe for Valentine's, and you gave some great ideas for dippers! Thank you! Now I just need to find a good cheese fondue...harley7 in Romney loved it