Ginisang MunggoFrom hnypups 9 years ago
- 2 cups dried munggo (mung beans), washed and soaked with water while preparing other ingredients shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 medium-sized onions, sliced shopping list
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes. sliced shopping list
- 1 cup tinapa flakes (smoked herring) shopping list
- 1/2 cup hibe, (dried shrimp) shopping list
- patis (fish sauce) and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 cup talbos ng ampalaya (bittergourd tendrils) shopping list
- optional: shopping list
- 1 cup roughly crumbled chicharon (pork rind) shopping list
How to make it
- Put 2 cups of dried munggo in a pot, add double to triple volume of water (5-6 cups).
- Bring to a gentle boil and add water if necessary as it boils and the liquid gets absorbed into the beans.
- Continue cooking for 30-40+ minutes until the beans soften and there is just a little liquid left in the pot (depends how soupy you like it).
- Then in another pan, heat up oil, sauté garlic, onions, tomatoes, tinapa
- flakes, hibe and add the mongo, including the sauce.
- Simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and just before taking off of the heat add some talbos ng ampalaya.
- Place in a bowl and top with chicharon, if desired.
- Best combined with steamed rice.
The Cookhnypups Quezon City, PH
- Not added to any groups yet!