Linguini With Banana Peppers And BaconFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 pound bacon coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 small red onion chopped shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves chopped shopping list
- 8 banana peppers from jar drained stemmed seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 cans diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 12 ounces linguine freshly cooked shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté bacon in heavy large pot over medium high heat until crisp and brown.
- Using slotted spoon transfer bacon to paper towels and drain.
- Spoon off all but 3 tablespoons drippings from pot then add onion and garlic to drippings.
- Sauté over medium high heat until onion begins to soften about 4 minutes.
- Add peppers and stir 1 minute then add tomatoes with juices and bacon.
- Simmer sauce 2 minutes to blend flavors then season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low then add linguine and toss until pasta is coated with sauce.
- Transfer linguine to bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!