Cherry Chick Pea Salad with Sun Dried TomatoesFrom eyecook 6 years ago
- 2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans) shopping list
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 7 to 9 sun dried tomato halves - preferably non sulphured and unsalted shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (tart sugar sweetened are my favorite) shopping list
- 1 T agave syrup (or honey) shopping list
- 2 T apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 T balsamic vinegar (try a raspberry balsamic) shopping list
- 2 T oil (I use a GMO free canola oil because it lacks a strong taste - for a healthier dish use extra virgin olive oil or flax oil shopping list
- sea salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut up sun dried tomatoes into very small chunks using kitchen snips. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the tomatoes and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Add the cherries, agave, oil, and the vinegars - stir very well and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and the chickpeas, stir well, cover and let sit for a minimum of 30 minutes to let the flavors mingle.
- Before serving stir very well.