Shoo Fly CakeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 cups sifted flour measured before sifting shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup baking molasses shopping list
- 2 cups warm water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, sugars, salt and shortening by hand until crumbly.
- Take out 1 cup of this mixture and save to top cake later.
- Combine molasses, water and baking soda by hand then stir crumbs into the liquid.
- Grease and flour a rectangular baking pan then pour mixture into baking pan.
- Sprinkle one cup saved crumbs over top of cake then bake at 325 for 1 hour.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!