Parmesan Potato Rosettes with Roasted GarlicFrom dandelion 7 years ago
- Parmesan Potato Rosettes with roasted garlic shopping list
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces or whole if small shopping list
- 1 small head or 6 large garlic cloves roasted (see below) shopping list
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- ¼ - ½ c half and half as needed shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- chives or green onion tops (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- For Garlic: Cut 1/3 off the top of a head of Garlic. Place into a garlic roaster or a crisscross of aluminum foil. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over garlic. Seal or cover and roast garlic for 30-40 minutes at 325*F.
- Preheat oven to 375 *F.
- In pot, combine potatoes, 1 t salt and water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Rice or mash potatoes return to pot (Power equipment not recommended). Stir in sour cream, butter, egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, pepper, nutmeg and remaining salt until smooth. Add half and half as needed for consistency.
- On a sheet pan covered with parchment paper pipe rosettes. Heat resistant baking cups may also be used.
- Bake 35 minutes or until lightly browned. If desired, garnish with chives.