Brown Butter Green Beans with Almonds Andrea MeyersFrom dandelion 7 years ago
- Brown butter green beans with almonds (Andrea Meyers) shopping list
- Equipment shopping list
- Large pot shopping list
- large bowl filled with ice water shopping list
- large sauté pan shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1 pound French green beans (haricot verts), fresh or frozen shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In the large pot, bring two quarts of water to boil over high heat. Salt the water and add the green beans. Cook for about 5 minutes. Drain the beans in a colander dip them in ice water colander and all to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In the large sauté pan, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. (Do not walk away)
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and season with fresh black pepper. Stir in the green beans and almonds and cook until the beans are warmed through. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately.