Berry and Apple SliceFrom aussie_meat_pie 7 years ago
- 150g unsalted butter shopping list
- 320g - 1 1/3 cups caster sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 250g - 2 cups self raising flour, sifted shopping list
- 160ml - 2/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence shopping list
- 2 large apples shopping list
- 150g - 1 cup blueberries shopping list
- 150g - 1 cup blackberries shopping list
- icing sugar, to dust shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180 d C/350 d F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 30 x 20 cm shallow baking tin and line with baking paper, leaving it hanging over the two long sides.
- Beat the butter and sugar with electric beaters until light and fluffy. Add the egg gradually, beating well after each addition. Stir in the flour and buttermilk alternating and mix until smooth. Stir through the vanilla. Spread a 5mm layer of mixture over the base of the tin.
- Peel, quarter and core the apples. Cut into thin slices and arrange on the mixture. Spoon the remaining mixture over the apple and smooth the surface, then scatter with the blueberries and blackberries. Bake on the middle rack for 40 minutes, or until cooked and golden.
- Cool in the tin for 30 minutes before lifting onto a wire rack. When completely cooled, dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.