Pogacha Balkan BreadFrom aussie_meat_pie 5 years ago
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter shopping list
- 1 package active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 5 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for shaping shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil shopping list
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Scald milk and add butter. Allow to cool to lukewarm. Add yeast and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Measure 5 cups flour into work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add milk-yeast mixture, sour cream, oil, egg and salt. Mix well.
- Switch to dough hook and knead on medium-low for about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Turn out into a large greased bowl. Flip dough over to grease both sides, cover and let rise until doubled. See this Quick Tip for faster rising.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Punch down dough and place in a 10-inch round greased pan with high sides (about 3 inches) or handshape into a 10-inch round and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife or a lame, slash top of dough three times. Some make an "X" on top. Bake about 1 hour or until instant-read thermometer registers 190 degrees. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating2 people
Terrific recipe! I cannot understand why this had never been rated previously, but it sure gets my five!! HIGH FIVE! I LOVE baking many different kinds of loaves, and THIS will definitely be one of 'em! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I'm down for this being the inquisitive breadbaker that I am. Always looking to try something new!dollhead in Mechanicville loved it