Chocolate Bavarian CreamFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 3 lightly beaten egg yolks shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
- 16 ounce package semisweet chocolate bits shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
How to make it
- Mix sugar, gelatin and milk in top of double boiler.
- Heat over simmering water until steaming hot.
- Mix a little hot mixture into yolks then return to double boiler and cook.
- Stir for 5 minutes until mixture thickens enough to coat a spoon.
- Add chocolate bits and stir until melted.
- Whip cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form then fold into custard mixture.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks and fold into mixture.
- Spoon into mold and chill 4 hours until firm.
- Decorate with lady fingers and whipped cream or unmold and garnish with fresh fruit.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!