Cherry Orange Cobbler Dated 1957From chefmeow 6 years ago
- 8 cups pitted fresh sweet cherries shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peal shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix cherries, 1/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons peel and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Transfer mixture to square glass baking dish.
- Combine1-1/2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon peel, butter, egg, orange juice and salt.
- Process in food processor using on/off turns then process until clumps form.
- Turn out onto floured surface to 11" square then place atop filling.
- Fold edges over forming double thick edge crimping edge and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cut vents in crust to allow steam to escape then bake 50 minutes and serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!