Chicken In Lemon Grass And ChiliFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3 pound chicken shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 large white onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced lemon grass shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground chilies shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- Caramel Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken and dry well then cut into small pieces.
- Peel garlic and slice finely then cut onion into halves lengthwise then cut lengthwise into strips.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat then add salt, garlic and onion.
- Fry over medium heat until onion becomes translucent then add lemon grass and chili.
- Fry 2 minutes until fragrant then add chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and caramel sauce then mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and cook 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- To make caramel sauce mix sugar and 4 tablespoons water in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and let boil until mixture changes color.
- Turn heat down to low and heat until brown then add 1/2 cup water and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit 5 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!