CREAMY PEANUT SOUPFrom minnimommaj 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons All Purpose flour shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- Snipped chives opt. shopping list
- Chopped peanuts for garnish (optional) shopping list
- Traditionally crushed dried peppers are added shopping list
How to make it
- MELT butter in medium saucepan. Cook celery and onion until
- onion is tender, but not browned. Stir in flour and cook about one
- minute. Whisk in chicken broth, cooking until thickened and bubbly.
- REMOVE from heat. Puree mixture in batches, in a blender, until
- smooth. Return to saucepan.
- ADD the peanut butter and milk, stirring to blend thoroughly. Heat
- through, but do not boil. Serve hot or cold. Garnish with snipped
- chives and chopped peanuts, if desired.