Peruvian Bean StewFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1/2 lb dried canary beans shopping list
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 lb beef, chicken or pork, cubed shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Prep time does not include overnight soaking of beans
- Soak the beans overnight in water.
- The next day, drain and add 4 cups water and the bacon.
- Cover and bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and sauté the rest of the ingredients until beef is browned.
- Stir the meat mixture into the beans.
- Cover and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 hour.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with rice.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
A man's meal, I like the meat and beans in it!I don't know what canary beans are and would use the regular beans!herby in Albany loved it