African Peanut Soup With CrackerjacksFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 cup shelled peanuts (or 1 cup peanut butter, in which case skip peanut oil) shopping list
- 3 tbsp peanut oil, divided shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium-size yam, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch cubes shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk (not to be confused with coconut cream), or regular cream if you can't use coconut milk shopping list
- salt shopping list
- cayenne pepper (optional) shopping list
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup Crackerjacks (for garnish)- this is the sweet/salty caramelized popcorn, peanut snack shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, add peanuts and 2 tablespoons peanut oil. Purée until smooth.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon peanut oil, butter, onions and yams.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken stock, coconut milk and peanut butter.
- Turn up heat until liquids reach a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- To serve, reheat, then garnish with Crackerjacks.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
hi 5 for peanut butter soup!herby in Albany loved it
Southern Cooks555 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes286 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
The Wonderful World Of Peanut Butter56 members
Soup Is Good Food59 members
African Kitchen20 members
Ahh Peanuts10 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Soups And Stews106 members