Bread Pudding With Whiskey SauceFrom angelgirl94 6 years ago
- 1 1-pound loaf French bread shopping list
- 4 cups whole milk shopping list
- 3 eggs-lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter-melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- whiskey Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whiskey-or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut or tear bread into small pieces and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk and let soak for about 10 minutes. Mix with your hands until blended.
- Add eggs, sugar, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon,and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Pour butter into a 9" x 13"x 2" glass baking dish.
- Spoon bread mixture over butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until firm.
- Cool slightly.
- Whiskey Sauce:
- Combine butter, sugar, and half-and-half in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in whiskey and serve over warm or cooled bread pudding.