Smothered Pork ChopsFrom dcwins 4 years ago
- 4 1" thick center cut pork chops shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, halved shopping list
- 1 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1 t freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 t dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 t dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 t dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 c flour shopping list
- 1/3 c vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 c yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 1 med green bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 c water shopping list
How to make it
- Rub the chops on both sides with the cut sides of the halved garlic clove.
- Mix the salt, pepper, basil, thyme, & rosemary together.
- Generously sprinkle both sides of the chops with the herb mixture, pressing it into the meat.
- Cover loosely with waxed paper or plastic wrap & let stand in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove and dredge the chops in flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold all the chops.
- Brown on both sides, ~ 6 minutes on a side.
- Remove the chops to a warmed platter.
- Add the onion & the bell pepper to the skillet & cook until soft, ~ 2 minutes.
- Add 2 T of the flour used for dredging & the water.
- Stir until the flour is completely dissolved.
- Return the chops to the pan & bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat, & simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- The pork will be very tender & the gravy delicious.
- Serve with rice.