Whole Fish Baked In Salt CrustFrom despinap 6 years ago
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- 3 cups kosher salt shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 whole 4-5 lb black sea bass; cleaned, gutted & scaled shopping list
- (other firm fish such as porgy, may be substituted) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 lemon; cut into wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk egg whites till they form soft peaks, and fold in salt.
- Place thyme in body cavity of fish, and set the fish aside.
- Spread 4 tablespoons of egg-white mixture on a large oven-safe platter. (This will be the serving plate.)
- Place fish on platter and spoon remaining egg-white mixture over top.
- Place the platter in the oven, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, strike crust to crack.
- Carefully remove pieces of salt crust from top of fish and divide meat among six plates.
- Serve with your best extra-virgin olive oil and lemon wedges.
The Cookdespinap Brooklyn, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!