Trahana - Sour Dough Pasta Greek StyleFrom despinap 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a pot, combine water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, bouillon powder and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the trahana.
- Stir frequently on low heat, making sure it doesn't stick to bottom of pot.
- Continue cooking until the pasta is cooked and the water is evaporated, adding extra water if necessary if the water has boiled off before the pasta is tender.
- This will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small frying pan, saute remaining olive oil with cheese cubes.
- Add cheese and oil to trahana and stir well.
- Sprinkle additional grated cheese on top and serve.