Asparagus Onion CasseroleFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 pound fresh asparagus shopping list
- 1 medium white onion sliced shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3 ounce package cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bread shopping list
How to make it
- Cut asparagus into 1” pieces.
- In skillet sauté asparagus and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until crisp tender.
- Transfer to ungreased baking dish.
- In saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter then add flour and stir until smooth.
- Add milk and cook until thickened and smooth.
- Add cream cheese, salt and pepper then pour over asparagus and onion.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese then melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over casserole then bake uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!