Cheese And Cracker Stuffed TomatoesFrom minnimommaj 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cut tops off of tomatoes and scoop out pulp leaving shell.
- Crush saltine crackers (I just do it carefully right in the unopened
- sleeve) to say pea size, put in bowl.
- Grate the cheese into the bowl, turning with your hands every few
- minutes so the cheese doesn't stick together and gets mixed in
- nicely with crackers.
- Carefully but firmly stuff tomatoes with mixture.
- Dot each tomato with a pat of butter.
- Bake 1 hour or until tomatoes are soft.
- I have even done these is my Foreman Grill and on my outside grill
- I also like more cheese
- If making the casserole from removed portion cut tomato count to six
- and use extra crumbs on pulp.