Pork Chops With Toasted Spice Rub And Apple DressingFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 4 center cut pork chops shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons spice rub shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey roasted apple sauce shopping list
- honey roasted apple Sauce: shopping list
- 12 apples shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then season both sides of pork chops with salt and spice rub.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat and sear pork chops 4 minutes.
- Turn and sear 2 minutes on other side.
- Place pork chops on baking sheet and remove excess oil from skillet.
- Bake chops until just cooked through about 10 minutes then remove to a serving platter.
- Over medium heat add wine to the skillet then stir and reduce to 2 tablespoons.
- Add apple sauce and bring to a simmer then spoon over each chop.
- To make apple sauce peel apples with vegetable peeler then remove core and cut into 1” chunks.
- Heat large skillet or roasting pan over medium high heat then add the butter.
- When butter begins to brown add lemon juice then add apples and salt.
- Cook until apples just begin to color about 4 minutes then stir in honey.
- Roast apples in the oven until soft and lightly caramelized about 12 minutes.
- Fork mash for a chunky version or puree in food processor for a smoother sauce.