Grilled Lettuce And Tomato SaladFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 heat iceberg lettuce shopping list
- 2 heads romaine lettuce shopping list
- 1 head red leaf lettuce shopping list
- 4 roma tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large purple onion shopping list
- 4 ounces goat cheese shopping list
- 1 cup sweet onion vinaigrette shopping list
- 1 cup plain salad croutons shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and dry all lettuce then slice iceberg into four wedges leaving root end attached.
- Slice Romaine lengthwise leaving root ends attached.
- Slice red leaf lengthwise leaving root end attached.
- Heat grill pan on medium high and spray with olive oil.
- Grill romaine and red leaf lettuce cut side down then grill iceberg wedges on both sides.
- Grill all lettuce 5 minutes or until charred grill marks begin to show then set aside.
- Slice tomatoes into 4 wedges each and grill on each side for 3 minutes.
- Slice purple onion into rings and grill until charred grill marks show.
- Chop lettuces into big pieces discarding all root ends.
- Serve in salad bowls with tomato wedges, onion rings and dressed with vinaigrette.
- Add plain salad croutons and crumbled goat cheese and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!