Cabernet Mashed PotatoesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 pounds yukon gold potatoes peeled shopping list
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon red wine shopping list
- 2 sticks unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 bunch spring onions shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 slices well cooked bacon chopped shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Peel potatoes and place in large stockpot with enough cold water to cover.
- Bring stockpot to a boil and allow potatoes to cook 10 minutes.
- Drain water from potatoes and return to hot stockpot to allow moisture to evaporate.
- While still hot add butter to potatoes then add cream and mash potatoes until smooth.
- Add red wine and thoroughly mix adding additional cream or butter if potatoes become dry.
- Chop green parts of onions and add to potatoes mixing in completely.
- Keep potatoes warm in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Just before serving sprinkle top with well chopped crispy bacon and a dollop of sour cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!