Oysters And EggsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 dozen shucked oysters shopping list
- 12 large fresh eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 green jalapeno peppers diced shopping list
- 2 red jalapeno peppers diced shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion shopping list
- 1 pound shredded pepper jack cheese shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro well chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley well chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chunky salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add half a stick of butter and sauté onions until softened.
- Add bell Peppers but reserve 1/4 cup of each and sauté until softened.
- Add drained oysters and sauté until edges curl and they plump up.
- Whisk eggs until they turn a light yellow then add jalapenos and cream and blend thoroughly.
- Add remaining butter to skillet and add egg mixture.
- Stir around skillet to evenly distribute ingredients then cook slightly but not fully set.
- Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle cheese over top then put in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with reserved bell pepper, cilantro and parsley.
- Drizzle salsa over top back and forth in squiggly lines then serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!