Osta Kaka Swedish CheesecakeFrom fredlinc 5 years ago
How to make it
- Use 10 inch fluted pie pan or 8 inch square brownie pan and larger pan to contain this pan, clean dish cloth
- Stir cottage cheese until granular
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well
- Grease pan
- Pour in mixture
- Put clean dish cloth in larger pan and add enough hot water to cover, but not so that it will overflow when pie pan or brownie pan goes in.
- Put the pan of water in the oven, then put on the pie pan or brownie pan into the pan with water. Be sure water does not overflow into inside smaller pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- To serve, cut into nine squares and top with whipped cream, cranberry sauce, fruit preserves or chopped toasted almonds. (We always use Lingonberry preserves on top, found in some specialty markets or regular grocery stores. They come in glass jars from Sweden.)
- Our Mothers and grandmothers always made the cottage cheese first from scratch and this took all day to prepare. It was very yummy! We don't have that much time or patience now, so this recipe will do fine.