Mashed Potatoes With Mushrooms And LeeksFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 large baking potatoes shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 leek thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter softened and cut in pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream at room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes until tender then heat 1/2 tablespoon butter in skillet.
- Cook leeks 5 minutes then set aside.
- In large skillet over moderate heat cook mushrooms in remaining butter.
- Turn up heat and continue cooking until mushrooms are almost dry.
- Season with salt and pepper then preheat oven to 350.
- When potatoes are tender drain, peel and return them to pot.
- Toss over low heat to dry then put through a ricer into mixing bowl.
- Beat in softened butter ,buttermilk, salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the potatoes on bottom of shallow baking dish.
- Spread mushrooms over potatoes and leeks over mushrooms.
- Spread with 1 cup sour cream and cover with remaining potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour until browned and bubbling.