Stewed Eggplant With Beef Steak Dated 1951From chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups yellow onions chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds eggplant shopping list
- 3 cups tomatoes peeled seeded and chopped shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves chopped shopping list
- 4 beef fillets pounded very thin shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten with 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- In large heavy skillet with lid add olive oil.
- When oil is hot add onions and sauté 4 minutes then season onions with salt and pepper.
- Peel and dice eggplant then stir in eggplant and continue to sauté 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaves and garlic then season mixture with salt and cayenne.
- Cover skillet and reduce heat to low then simmer tomato and eggplant mixture 45 minutes.
- Stir occasionally then stir in the parsley and set aside.
- Season flour with salt and cayenne then season steak with salt and cayenne.
- Dredge steaks in seasoned flour then dip each in the egg wash letting excess drip off.
- Dredge steaks in flour for a second time coating each side completely.
- In large sauté pan heat vegetable oil then gently lay steaks in hot oil.
- Pan fry steaks 4 minutes on each side then remove from oil and drain well.
- Season steaks with salt and cayenne.
- Spoon smothered tomatoes and stewed eggplant in center of each plate and top with steak.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!