Chicken and Shrimp PieFrom image 8 years ago
- 1 3 lb chicken shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. peppercorns shopping list
- 2 celery stalks & leaves shopping list
- 1 each of carrot, leek, large onion shopping list
- 3 sprigs parsley shopping list
- 8 oz. frozen uncooked shelled shrimp shopping list
- 1/2 c dry white wine shopping list
- Sauce & Crumbs: shopping list
- 1/2 c butter shopping list
- 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1 c whipping cream shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 c grated fresh Parmesan shopping list
- salt, white pepper & nutmeg and lemon juice shopping list
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 c dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 T grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 T slivered almonds shopping list
- 1 T melted butter shopping list
- potato Topping: shopping list
- 3 large potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 c soft butter shopping list
- 1/4 c whipping cream shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 2 T melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Place whole chicken in large pot; cover with 8 cups water; add 2 tsp. salt, peppercorns, vegetables (coarsely chopped) and parsley. Simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool for easier handling. Remove chicken from stock; reserve 2 cups strained stock (save remainder for homemade soup). Remove meat from bones in large bite sized pieces. Discard skin and bones.
- In small saucepan, combine shrimp, wine, pinch of salt. Cover and bring to boil; remove from heat. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Sauce: In heavy saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour; let bubble for 1 minutes. Whisk in reserved stock and shrimp liquid. Bring to boil; stirring. Stir in 3/4 cup whipping cream; boil, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together egg yolks and remaining 1/4 c cream; stir into mixture in saucepan; stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Season generously with salt and white pepper; add a generous dash of nutmeg and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add parsley. Combine sauce with chicken and drained shrimp, mixting lightly. Turn into 8 c baking dish.
- Combine crumbs, 3 T Parmesan, almonds and butter. Sprinkle over surface.
- Potato Topping: Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain and mash well. (about 3 cups mashed) Beat in soft butter and cream. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Pipe or spoon around edge of casserole dish. Pour melted butter over potatoes. Bake in 400 F oven for 30 min. or until golden and bubbling.
The Cookimage Halifax, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!